Multiple ERC & VR funded postdoctoral opportunities in structural infection biology and genetics
The Barandun lab seeks early-career stage scientists interested in joining our team as postdoctoral researchers. We are using state-of-the-art tools in structural biology to study infection-related processes in two fascinating intracellular pathogens – microsporidia and mycobacteria.
We are seeking experienced, highly motivated researchers to join our laboratory to study:
- Mycobacterial RNA/protein complexes using cryo-EM
Relevant skills: Mycobacteria culturing, protein/RNA overexpression & biochemistry, genomic modification, structural biology (X-ray, cryo-EM), ribosome biology
- Mycobacterial RNA processing using novel developed in-vivo assays
Relevant skills: Mycobacteria culturing, RNA biochemistry, high throughput fluorescence assays
- Microsporidian life cycle stages and in-situ architectural elements using Cryo-ET
Relevant skills: cryo-ET data collection & processing, sub-tomogram averaging
- Dynamic molecular processes in microsporidia by developing new genetic tools
Relevant skills: CRISPR/Cas9, culturing and genetic manipulation of challenging intracellular pathogens (e.g. Microsporidia, Toxoplasma, Plasmodium), immunofluorescence labeling, microscopy
- Compacted microsporidian molecular machines (comparative evolutionary structural biology),
Relevant skills: cryo-EM data collection & processing, protein biochemistry
Motivated candidates who would like to work in a young and dynamic team are encouraged to make an informal inquiry by sending their CV, a short letter of motivation including a brief summary of previous research experience, and two reference contacts to Jonas Barandun, jonas.barandun(at)umu.se.